The BA Programme of Statistics prepares skilled analytical specialists who are able to apply the methods of Mathematical Statistics combined with in-depth mathematical preparation and utilization of the potential of the latest Information Technologies. Statistics is the science of data mining, and students who have graduated FMI with BA Programme of Statistics will be able to solve a variety of tasks limited to data analysis, analyzeg different types of information, as well as provide motivated forecasts with risk assessment.
The curriculum has been developed in accordance with the European Standards - 462 "Statistics" by the UNESCO Classifier, the FMI traditions and the requirements of the prestigious statistical associations of ASA and RSS and others. It provides excellent student training in the main fields of Stochastics: Probability Theory, Mathematical Statistics, Data Analysis, Multidimensional Linear Models, Experiment Planning, Temporary Rows, Stochastic Processes, Simulations, Actuarial Applications, Financial and Insurance Mathematics, and conditions for professional mastering of modern statistical software are created through various practices. According to their preference, students can choose courses related to the field of their future realization. The curriculum provides in-depth knowledge of basic Mathematical subjects related to Stochastics: Mathematical Analysis, Algebra and Geometry, Differential Equations and Complex Analysis, Operation Studies, Numerical Methods and Optimization.
Students of Statistics:
- Acquire theoretical knowledge in the field of Stochastics, Probability Theory, Random Processes and Mathematical Statistics, as well as practical skills for data analysis and creation of probability models of the studied cases, processes and phenomena.
- Have fundamental knowledge in the following mathematical fields: Algebra, Geometry, Differential and Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Probabilities and Statistics, Numerical Methods, Mechanics, Optimization.
- Have fundamental knowledge in the following applied areas: Mathematical Introduction to Economics, Macroeconomics, Applied Statistics.
- Have fundamental knowledge in the following fields of Informatics: Data and Algorithms Structures, Discrete Mathematics, Object-Oriented Programming. They have programming skills in a high-level language.
- Are able to apply their theoretical knowledge in solving practical problems where Stochastic Modeling is appropriate. They can independently analyze, design and implement application systems based on a stochastic approach.
Graduates of а Bachelor's Degree in Statistics can continue their Master's degree studies in all MA programmes at FMI as well as in other fields of expertise in which they can apply and improve their qualifications of Statistics.
Graduates of the BA Programme of Statistics mainly find job opportunities as analytical specialists; mathematician-statisticians or actuaries in banks, insurance companies; experts in industry, commerce, agribusiness, or in the state administration; consultants in Statistics at scientific institutes, and lecturers at higher schools.